Sunday, January 18, 2009

one down only 5 to go

OK, Wednesday wasn't to bad. In fact, the treatment went well and Michelle was with me. She came in on Tuesday night. We were at the oncology office for about 5 1/2 hours and laughed and cried. Learned a lot and hopefully, I will remember it all. HA HA. It was wonderful to have Michelle here. She was such a great help. She reminded me when to take my meds and to drink lots of water. Now, I only have 5 more to go. I should be done by May. That is really not to far off.
Michelle and I went to Hudson to visit my parents on Thursday. It was wonderful to see dad and to be able to hug them both. He seemed to be doing well and enjoyed having us there. He was able to come home on Friday. He came with home oxygen and a chest tube. After all the anxiety and a good nights rest, Saturday was a really good day. Mark went back to Texas and Michelle and I took over. Actually, Michelle did everything because the chemo set in and Dad and I laid on the couch all day and did nothing. I felt like a truck had run over me. Dad is getting around well and breathing easy. He is sleeping well too. Mom has become is personal nurse and has done a great job. We don't know how long he will have the O2 but hopefully, the chest tube will come out by the end of the week.
I don't know when I will go back to work yet. I have appointments on the 28th with both surgeons. Hopefully, I will be cleared to return.
Thank you again for all your love and support.
Lisa

No comments: