Sunday, March 29, 2009

only 2 more to go


This is a picture of Tim before he was going to play dodge ball with a group of high schoolers. i guess the outfit is as much of an ordeal as the game. His black socks had bugs bunny on them too! My wig is who we call Jo-Jo. she is the shorter of my two and a little more sassy. I think its just the attitude that goes along with it.
I have decided that I really don't like posting the new blog because then I have to really tell the truth. I have decided I don't like Chemo and it doesn't like me and i really don't want to finish. Yes, I will complete the journey but it is getting harder and harder. The side effects come faster and last longer. I am seeing them affect every aspect of my life. I do not like it!!!!!!

OK enough complaining. Every day is better then the last and food is starting to taste a little better. not much. I had my fourth treatment last Monday and tried to work and be effective....I wasn't. Took Friday off and that was a really good idea. Slept most of the afternoon. still trying to walk/run every couple of days. Tim and I have decided to do the Tri For Joe the end of May. It is a good goal to work for. WE are going to do the 5K. I think Sean will do it also. Not sure about the other two. hee hee.

We are going to plan a trip to some where to celebrate the end of chemo this summer. Any one have any good suggestions? Would love the beach setting, cute pool boy, spa, oops my imagination was getting away with me. :) We are open to anything. Just the time to celebrate and be together as a family.

well off to pick up Matt from a camp out and we plan of rest the rest of the day.

Again, thank you for all of the encouragement, visits, meals, and support. I truly could not do this with out all of you!!!

Love Lisa

1 comment:

Maren said...

SHANNON! i miss you sooo very muchh!! i want to see you soooo bad!! we need too get together soon!

LOVE.
maren=]